Labels

Sunday, May 27, 2018

Gottschalk dollhouse floor resortation


Previous post


The old floor was destroyed from ripping up the carpet so I had to make my own based on small samples that were mildly visible. 
Here is a photo of the damaged floor and the new floor I created.


I drew it and built it in Adobe Indesign then brought it into Photoshop and put a noise filter on it and then kept doing color tests and printing tests. (Above isn't the true color of the original floor.) I had to keep holding a sample next to the real floor to get the color exact.
Then I printed on regular paper, sprayed three coats of fixative, painted 2 coats of satin varnish, and Installed with a spray fixative. I’m a lot happier than I thought I would be with it.  


Above: When I first got the house.

Before wallpaper and floor



After


The wallpaper is so much fun! I love turquoise and red together.



Next up is the foyer.

14 comments:

  1. LOVE, love, love this. The floor is fabulous. What a great result, you wouldn't know it is 'the real thing'. I love your wall paper also. Did you make that as well?
    Happy mini Monday,
    Anna x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I printed the wallpaper from an image I saw online. :)

      Delete
  2. Nice floor. It looks very much like the original!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous job Auralea! The flooring and the wallpaper have given new life without compromising all the original character! What a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, love, love your new floor! Who would have thought it was made the way you describe - it is the perfect renovation. The wall paper too is just fabulous. Did you make that also?
    Happy house building,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I found a sample and then built it in Photoshop.

      Delete
  5. You have done a great job on the restoration. The new flooring and wallpaper look awesome. Looking forward to seeing what you do for the foyer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't believe how well the floor cleaned up! I really think the wallpaper is a beautiful choice, very fitting for this house!

    ReplyDelete